Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cuff, cuff... er excuse me?!



Lame heading I know, but here is one of my own pieces of work that I'm rather proud of and will soon be going to a new home. It's a commission from one of my favourite customers, who wears her jewellery like a second skin and is also incredibly kind, thoughtful and generous. She's also a talented embroiderer, but hides her talents under a bushel, more's the pity. Anyway, for her 50th birthday she asked me to make something with a pomegranate on it and here it is. The main silver body of the cuff is matt silver, and the pomegranate and it's seeds are cut from copper, which is highly polished.

Fingers crossed she likes it!

jemima

4 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous.
    I really want to try making a cuff, nothing quite so ornate as yours by far but it's a little itch of mine. I have silver sheet and a bangle mandrel asking to be used again, it was a long time ago it saw some use.
    Maybe if hubby is able to occupy the wee one this weekend for a few hours i'll give it a shot.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she can't fail to love such a beautiful piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete